Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Great Migration

The time had come for my girls and I to make the journey back to El Paso.

And boy was it a trip.

In so many ways...

We left last Monday. Audrey stayed behind with Gramma. They were flying down on Wednesday.  I decided to take a path that I hadn't taken before, US Highway 54. I was excited because I got to see the largest hand-dug well.


Then, we went through Liberal, Ks. There is an attraction there about the Wizard of Oz that is wonderful! I was very happy that I took the time to pull over and share it with Madelyn and Hannah.

Dorothy's House

My Munchkins

Dorothy Statue by Yellow Brick Road




After that break, we headed on down to Tucumcari, NM. That was our overnight stop.

After three fifteen mile stretches of 45 mph construction zones, we arrived at home around 2:17 PM on Tuesday. We went to work right away sweeping the house and cleaning the window sills. The place looked great, considering I had been gone for seven months!  My friend came over a few days before I arrived and turned our A/C on for us. That was refreshing to walk into the house and it was cool!

Gramma arrived with Audrey on Wednesday a little before 4 PM. The girls and I had spent the previous day waiting in lobbies for doctor visits, vehicle inspections, and tags, so we were happy to be out and ready for some company.

We all had supper at Buffalo Wild Wings and settled in for the evening.


Gramma and I spent the next two days organizing the house, and the girls' clothes.  The kids went to Mommy's Day Out from 8-3. They came home exhausted.  Most of them. Audrey had some spunk left to her. She helped with the hangars. She decided they needed to be out of the tub.


Audrey had also received glamour lessons from her oldest sister.  She put together her own outfit for a trip to the P/X, complete with handbag.



Today was our last day with Gramma. We all went to Freedom Crossing before her flight.


After Gramma left, we played Glamour Shoppe with Madelyn's stuffed animals during Audrey's nap time.


We also made a parade float with Glamourized Ponies flanking the sides.


The last project of the evening was adding a dolly to the baby basket of Madelyn's Fancy Schmancy new bike, and installing the front plate holder for the van. Texas plates at last. Yee Haw!


One of the funniest moments of the weekend was from a comment by Hannah. She watched The Wizard of Oz on the way home, and she called it the Toto Movie. The girls had on their headphones, so I was listening to Sirius Radio. I had no idea what scene was on their screen. Hannah started yelling, "Oh Mom! I don't like that wicked witch!"  After a moment, she said, "Its okay, Mommy. That witch is gone now!"

Well, fast forward four days. Audrey sneezed about two tablespoons of mucus all over her face. I was rushing to get a tissue. Hannah was running around screaming, "Audrey is melting, mommy! Put the water away!" frantically.

I laughed for hours over that.
------------------------------------------------

 If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!