Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Busted!

A few evenings ago, I walked into the girls' room to see what they were up to. They were playing Barbies. I didn't think anything of it.

Until I noticed that Madelyn's Barbie's hair was tangled in Prom King Ken's crown.

"How did she get her hair caught, Madelyn?"

"I guess from being in the tub," she replied, shakily.

"Oh really? You sure they weren't... kissing?"

Blatant stare. Dropped Jaw.

"I saw you through the crack of the door. So you can tell me what your dolls were doing, or you can make up a creative story. The latter will result in punishment, but I am curious as to what you will come up with. You choose."

Embarrassed grin.

"Well, they were kissing, Mom. But, seriously! They are in High School! You can't expect me to have them act like they are in Kindergarten!"

Well played, Child. Well Played.

------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh my you do have yourself a handfull with that one don't ya!!!!! Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!