Saturday, October 6, 2012

Seriously? Seriously...

Today was Saturday. We started the day by shopping for Halloween costumes. I can't do that again this year.  I am so tired of little girls changing their minds. It was horrible!  I am glad Audrey has no choice. She's Elmo.

After we got home and had lunch, Jay fell asleep on the floor watching football. The girls and I went to my bedroom and played. I gave them my make-up bag and they 'decorated' me. It was fun.

Until...

I noticed that Audrey had dumped all the loose bronzer out into the carpet. She was painting the closet wall with it.

In a panic, I lept up to get to cleaning. Dawn in a dish rag worked great on the closet door. Spray-N-Wash from the laundry room tackled the carpet. I was busy rinsing the carpet by pouring water over it and soaking it up repeatedly when I heard the girls bickering from the dining room.

Dining room / Office

Yes, it ended up being a squabble over who got to play JumpStart on the computer first.

I told them to back up so I could log them in.

They just stared at me.

"Honey, move over. I need to pull the chair out so I can sit to log you in."

Blank stares.

I tried to sneak through them, but knocked Hannah with my elbow.

"See?!? I asked you to move, but you didn't. I wasn't just trying to listen to myself talk. It was for a reason. I am sorry Hannah, but you should have stepped aside."

Madelyn jumped to her defense.

"Mom, how do you expect us to take you seriously looking like that?"

I thought about it.


I really had no idea what she was talking about.

Kids!

Later, after supper, Jay was taking the training wheels off of Madelyn's bike. Hannah was his assistant.

"Hannah, you have a runny nose. Go take care of that before we play."

"Oh, ha, Daddy! It's okay! I can wipe it with my tongue," as she proceeds to lick the top of her top lip in a hilarious manner.

"Oh Hannah! That is so gross!"

It's nice to see 'kid' in her sometimes!

------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!