Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's Here!

So back in June, Hannah informed me she had a baby in her tummy. We don't have anyone who is pregnant that we hang out with on a regular basis, so this shocked me.

"Oh, really? Wow. Is it a girl or a boy?"

"Girl."

"What will you name her?"

"Summer."

So the weeks go by and Hannah becomes bedridden. She can't clean up her messes because her lower back is just killing her. That baby hurts, you know!

She can't sit still anywhere because that baby is constantly tickling her.

She can't eat anything that I fix her, but watermelon, because the baby doesn't like that kind of food.

Well, I was about to my limit. It was adorable, but too realistic for me. It was like she was the first person ever pregnant. I think we've all encountered mommys-to-be that were the same way.

Anyway, the other night, I came into the living room, after my shower, to find Hannah on the couch wadded up in a huge blanket.

"Mommy! You missed it! My baby came!"

"Oh finally! Was it a girl, like you had planned?"

"Yes. Her name is Summer! Would you like to meet her?"

"Sure! (takes baby that is as big as the palm of her hand) Oh, so tiny. What will you feed her?"

".... Spaghetti and Corn."

Okay, then.

The new diet for newborns is Spaghetti and Corn.

------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!