Thursday, December 8, 2011

Game On!

You can always tell when the kids are feeling better. They come back at full force.  But, sometimes I can't tell who is more mischievous. Me, or the Elf on the Shelf.

I was folding laundry this morning, and Gramma and Hannah were in the office working on Christmas Cards.  I decided to have a little fun with my number two child.

I placed a stuffed zebra at the office door, which was closed, and knocked.

"Who's there? Come in!"

After a small wait, the door creaked open. I could hear it, because I was standing around the corner in the bedroom.

"Oh!" Hannah found the zebra, swept him inside, and shut the door.

"Zebra, Gramma!"

"Really? A zebra knocked on the door? Huh. Well, alright."

I placed a huge kitty at the door, knocked, and ran.

"Come in!"

Door creaked open, and "Kitty!" was exclaimed. It was drug inside, and door slammed shut.

"Its a Kitty, Gramma! A kitty to play with zebra."

I placed a Mickey Mouse book at door, knocked, and ran.

"Come in!"

Door slammed open, "Mickey Book!"

The book was gone when I peeked around the corner.

This time, I just knocked and left.

"Come in! Oh. *slam* No body there!"

I placed my basket full of laundry to be folded at the door, knocked, and ran.  I was giggling. I could not wait for the reaction from this gift. I didn't know if I was more excited to hear what Hannah had to say, or Gramma.

"Come in!"

I heard the door open, slowly.

"What? What is this? This is Panties, Gramma!"

I almost lost it. It was David'd underwear and socks.

I heard grunting. She was dragging the basket into the office.

SLAM!

"What is that? Wait! Hannah! Someone left laundry at the door?"

"Yep!"

I was waiting for it to be returned. But, it never showed up.

------------------------------------------------

 If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts!