Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thank You

I needed an escape with Hannah and Audrey the other morning. We have limited options here in our small town. So we opted for Wal-Mart.

I never truly appreciated our Wal-Mart. It wasn't until I saw the nasty ones in El Paso that I missed my hometown Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart is great. No matter where we moved to, I could always go to the Wal-Mart and I felt like I was back home.

Not so much, anymore. They all seem to have crazy different layouts. Some don't even turn on all the lights, or have finished floors.

But I digress...

So we arrived at our discount city around half passed ten. I had to use the rest room, so I went to the ones at the front of the store. I had kids and coats and my handbag in a cart, and wasn't about to haul all of that into the stall with me and leave the cart outside the door. So, I wheeled the loaded cart right through the zig-zag entrance and into the handicap stall. It took some highly skilled maneuvering, but I got it done.

After washing all of our hands, we weaved our way out and was headed towards the toy section. I was after Play-Doh for Hannah. I looked down and noticed that Audrey was missing a Twinkle Toe bootie.

Crap.

I made our way back into the bathroom and checked everywhere. I couldn't find it.

I emerged and told Audrey that I hoped she left it in the truck.

We headed back to toys.

Clank   Clunk   Clank   Clunk   Clank   Clunk

Yep. I got the noisy cart. Good grief.

The entire store noticed when we arrived at our destination because that atrocious noise halted.  I mentioned to Hannah that I wanted Play-Doh.

"Over Here"

I smiled. I went around the aisle to see but no one was there.

"Marco?"

"Hah Hah Hah. Polo!"

It was a Wal-Mart associate. She was stocking the aisle and was near the Play-Doh.

I was ready to examine a canister when I hear over the loud speaker:

"Would the lady who lost a baby shoe please report to the front of the store?"

It was repeated three times.


Clank   Clunk   Clank   Clunk   Clank   Clunk

Yep. All the way back to the front.

I arrived at the greeter and she said, "A customer found a baby shoe in the parking lot. She took it up front."

"Thank you!"

The customer met me.  "I found a baby shoe in the parking lot. I turned it in up front."

"Thank you!"

A checker turned and spoke to me. "A customer found a baby shoe in the parking lot. She took it up front."

"Thank you!"

The lady who works at the eye glass station caught my attention.  "A customer found a baby shoe in the parking lot. She took it up front."

Umm.  "Thank you!"

The lady at the podium came rushing towards me with a pink sparkly shoe held at arms length.

"A customer found a baby shoe in the parking lot. She turned it in to me."

"Thank you!"

I turned to go back to toys to again scour the Play-Doh items.

Clank   Clunk   Clank   Clunk   Clank   Clunk

Yep. I didn't know what was more annoying at this moment. Hearing one more person tell me that a baby shoe was found, or my cart.

I think my cart won.



------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!