Monday, January 30, 2012

Audrey Strikes Again

Audrey was up most of the night last night. She has caught a cold and breathing has become difficult.  Her naps today were non-exsistant, and my patience proved to be the same.

I don't know what we do on the weekends that make my Monday mornings so busy.  I had a dishwasher to unload and two sinks full of dishes to load. I made quick work of it with a  fussy baby at my feet.

I picked Audrey up and swung myself into the laundry room to scout out that pile.

Ugh.

Just get started.

I stood Audrey by the dryer and I began loading clothes into the washer. I estimated that I had about eight loads to do. I was fuming because as of Saturday afternoon, I had all of the laundry washed, dried, folded and put away.

Where in the world did all of this come from?!?

Just get started.

After I got the first load going, I noticed that Audrey had toddled off somewhere. I made sure she wasn't by the stairs and started picking up the house.  Hannah was screaming from the back bedroom that she wanted to play her vTech video game. I got her going on that and met Audrey in the living room on my way through the house.  She smiled as she met me.  It was heart-melting.

Then I saw where she had been.

and...

what she had done.


And that she had some evidence lingering...





The rest of my day did not get any better.


------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!