Saturday, March 10, 2012

Beating Spring Break

This week, Jay and I traded in our beloved truck. I loved that truck since the day we took it for a test drive. It was a GMC Yukon XL. We had three full rows of seating, plus the biggest cargo area in the back. We could haul anything and everything, and we did!

But, the miles were getting up there. We needed new tires, again. (yes, I drive that much!) There were various other reasons to trade now.

It sure was fun doing it with Jay deployed. We had a lot of email conversations. But, in the end, it all worked out. I now have a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country. I hope it holds up as good as the truck did.

So, I drove the van home Thursday evening. Friday, we had scheduled a day trip to Wichita, Ks with the girls. Madelyn didn't have school, so we figured we would try to beat the Spring Break rush on the attractions.

Five miles down the road, a gravel-hauler met me on the highway going full speed and threw a rock.

Yep.

Exactly!

Chipped my windshield at eye level just in front of the diver.  I was so mad I was seeing purple.

Seriously!?!?

I had to get over it quickly. It was supposed to be a fun day with my girls. Just let it go.

I phoned my insurance company, and they are sending Safelite Autoglass out to my house on Tuesday to seal it before it cracks. It is covered, without me using my deductible. But the idea of it is just sickening.

We made it to Wichita and pulled in to Old Town around eleven-thirty. We decided to eat lunch at some restaurant called The Loft.

We had a great meal, but I had struggled with Audrey staying in her high chair the entire time. She kept standing up, and I kept sitting her down. Other than that, it was an easy thirty minutes.

I turned to grab the key out of my purse and we heard a thump.

I looked up at mom, and she looked at me. We scanned the room trying to figure out what the noise was. We didn't notice anything. Then I figured it out.

The high chair was empty.

I got up, and gazed over it and saw a spread-eagle Audrey on her belly on the floor.

Whoops!

She didn't cry until I picked her up. Everyone was staring. At least she didn't cry long. We were up and out of there as fast as we could go!

We ventured across the street to the Museum of World Treasures. It was awesome! It had something of everything, yet had complete exhibits.  If you want to see what few pictures I could take, then go to my Photos: Museum of World Treasures blog entry.  I didn't write in that blog. I just posted the pictures. You can click on the images and they will enlarge for you.

Anyway, here are a few shots of the girls from inside.





Hannah was the one who had a melt-down first. I thought it would be Audrey. So we had to leave and get the rest of our errands done.  We stopped at Sam's Club, and then Quick Trip. We love Quick Trips. Can't pass one up!

The trip home was easy. Girls watched DVD while Audrey napped.

I kept blinking thinking that the chip on windshield was a blur in my contact.

Sadly, it wasn't. It stayed right there in the center.

We shall see if it can be repaired.

------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!