Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fun with Otto

My hubby bought me an iPhone last September. I wasn't ready for the smartphone craze. My LG phone was a slider that had a qwerty keyboard that allowed me to feel the keys as I pressed them. I liked that feature. Plus, the battery life was about six days, under heavy usage.

But my phone was sold during the 'Alltel' days.  They were bought out by Verizon while I was in Oklahoma, which means it was over a year and a half ago.  The programming on it was supported by Verizon for 'an undetermined amount of time'. That was how it was worded to me.  I was allowed an upgrade at no charge, but I wasn't interested. I loved my little blue phone.

However, the programming did start to have hiccups.  My texts started to do weird things. They weren't sending on days, and some days I couldn't receive. That is my lifeline on busy days with kids. I don't have time to hold a phone to my ear for a conversation. But, it was super convenient to be able to just read a message, quickly respond, and lay phone down to get back to work.

Since my man had given me an iPad2 for Mother's Day, and had replaced my frail iMac with a new one in July, it was only obvious that I had to go with an iPhone.

So, off I went, with my three kids in tow, to the Verizon Store in El Paso.

Best Verizon store EVER!

Thirty minutes later, I was surfing the net, texting my contacts, and listening to my iTunes music, all on the same device.

I love my iPhone.

There is only one feature that I have a love/hate relationship with. Auto-correct.

I am in a hurry a lot. So I don't take the time to really focus on touching the correct keys on the phone. I do miss having actual keys to strike on the keypad. But, Auto-correct is there to save me.

We got to be so close that I named him 'Otto'.

Sometimes Otto likes to insist that he knows what I am talking about.  Yes, he is usually right on the money. But, not always.

Example given: I was using a Yahoo Messenger app to tell Jay about Madelyn's trip to the doctor last week.



I was laughing so hard. My Madelyn just glared at me.


I couldn't help it. I got tickled.

------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!