Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pure Randomness

So, I haven't written in two nights. I had so much outlined in my brain to get down into cyberspace, but it just didn't make the trip. I will just share my awesome, busy week with y'all. (Pickin' up the Southern Vernacular nicely, ain't I?)

First, I am reminded, on a daily basis, how disappointing this house is by my soon-to-be seven year-old.  The major factor behind the complaint: No Stairs.  Why do children love stairs? I loved my house in Lacey, Wa because the bedrooms were upstairs and the toys stayed up there. The living space downstairs was separated nicely and was so much easier to keep clean.

But, then I found this picture on Pinterest. Yes, I am a Pinhead. But, seriously, find someone who isn't, nowadays.  I would be whining about no stairs, too, if I had this lacking in my life. Well, I do have this lacking. Commence complaining. (Oh, just click on the photos if you want to see them larger.)


Second, Madelyn was doing her homework the other night.

"Mommy! Get in here! Fast! ... Oh, and bring a camera!"

Oh boy. This could go two ways. Either it's gross, or its spectacular. Or she has folded her baby sister into some unnatural shape.


"Look at that 'g', Mom! Isn't it the most perfectest 'g' you have ever seen?"

"Yes, Madelyn! Its simply gorgeous!"

Whew. Glad that ended nicely. And rated 'G'. Heh heh heh. I got jokes.

Moving on...

Third, I signed up to be a PEPper this week. Nope, not related to Dr. Pepper (sorry, Megan!) but a class offered by the Relocation Program at the Army Community Service building. It is titled People of El Paso. It was a three day tour of what El Paso has to offer. And I am telling you, for those of you who complain about "Hell Paso", you are just ignorant of what is out there. It's amazing, and fun, and so different. I highly, HIGHLY recommend this class to anyone new to Ft. Bliss. Great leader, too! Oh, and childcare is free. Free, I tell you!

We went downtown on day two. We had an opportunity to tour the inside of an historic hotel. These two pictures will not do it any justice, but it will give you a smidgen of an idea. I would say it is comparable to the Brown Palace in downtown Denver.



Fourth, I have had no kitchen for three days. Water keeps backing up into both of my kitchen sinks, then into my dishwasher! So they are in the process of chiseling out the pipes to replace them. Oh, and digging them up, as well. Messy, messy. I am getting tired of eating out and microwaving food. I can't wait to use the stove and cook again!


Lastly, and yes, I am saving the best for last, we attended the Fall Festival at Freedom Crossing last weekend. The photo was posted today. I am pretty partial to the subjects, but I thought that it turned out pretty cute.


I can never get one with all three girls facing the camera. Oh well. I was happy to have Audrey in the shot. My Ladybug kept scooting away.

And that's all folks!

------------------------------------------------

 If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts!