Friday, September 16, 2011

All for Nothing

There are days where I wish I could turn back time. There are days where I wish I could fast-forward time. I've never thought I would have a day where they both happened at the same time.

Audrey has been having some rough nights. She is getting settled in with some new medications. She loves her mother dearly and can't seem to part with her. This includes all hours of the night.

Today was day three of cranky nine month-old survival.  I was exhausted. But, silly me, I began a project, anyway.  Dig out the 6-12 month winter clothes storage tub from the stack.

Audrey's room is now the storage room, with a crib.  We have moved from an 1,800 sq. ft. home to a 953 sq. ft. home. It's been difficult.  But, it is home.

After moving six tubs of girl clothing out of the way, I finally yelled, "Eureka," and did my happy dance. They were in the bottom tub. Of course.  At that very moment, Audrey began shrieking from her swing and Hannah had come running in from her nap. She wasn't in a very helpful mood at all. She plopped down on the rocking chair and began fussing herself.

I just hung my head.  My small victory was thwarted by two very upset little girls.

"Okay, okay."  I realized that it was five o'clock. Supper time. Everything happens at once. I just wished that I could get past this drama and see eight o'clock on the wall. Supper would be fed and cleaned up, and the girls would be cuddled and snuggled in their beds.

The clock did change. It said five-o-two.

The decibels were increasing in the house with all the madness of my littlest girls and their vocal chords. I quickly began cleaning up. Biggest tub on bottom. Three mid-sized tubs on that one. Then the two little tubs on those. After checking for tippage, I deemed my tower safe and secure.

I picked up Audrey and held Hannah's hand. I spun around to smile one last victory smile at my 6-12 month winter clothes tub, excited that I had finished my project in just fifteen minutes.

There it was, smiling right back at me.

On the bottom. Right where it was to begin with.

Crap.

2 comments:

  1. LOL... I have those same days too girl.. totally understand. Sometimes we wish we had 20 arms to juggle everything but our two always manages to do the trick...Now if we could just teach our hubbys that same trick.. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember bed time can always come a little early. Prayers friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts!