Sunday, September 25, 2011

Prepositions are Important

We spent most of the day in the house, yesterday.  Audrey is developing a cold, and Madelyn and Hannah are getting over the stomach virus.  It was a good day to stay indoors.

Except, there isn't much to do in this tiny space.  So we became creative.

We took boxes and turned them into cars. Then we were going to place them in front of the television to have a drive-in theater.  It was a lot of fun, for me. Hannah decided to make her own "craft" and Madelyn got on a birthday card tangent. She made one for me. So, how could I be upset.

So, I made cars out of boxes to simulate a drive-in theater.

Here is Madelyn's





Hannah got finished with her project and held it up for all to see. It was a mass of glue, sequins, and ribbon.

"Oh, so pretty, Hannah! Go hang it on the fridge with the rest of your pictures."

She was down and gone. She was on a mission. After a while, I heard the refrigerator open and knew she was after food. The kid is always eating.

We (meaning 'I') cleaned up the mess and we all went off to bed.  We ('I') spent so much time on the cars that there was no time for a movie. We decided it would be better to have a drive-thru breakfast experience the next morning, instead.

Hannah announced that it was time to wake-up around six this morning. I rolled out of bed and trudged into the kitchen. I opened the fridge for milk for her cereal and I found her craft project on the shelf. Humph. What is this doing here. I picked up up and analyzed groggily.

Then it hit me.

I told Hannah to put it ON the fridge. She put it IN the fridge.

She must think I'm an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!