Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lost in Translation

I love jokes.  They are great to lighten the mood, to break the ice, and to relieve stress.  Sometimes, they fly right by me. Especially, when they come from a six year-old.

I was playing with Madelyn this morning. We had a great time. There was a Princess Boutique that held a children's fair. They painted nails, sprayed your hair colors, painted your faces, and gave you props and put you into a photo booth. It was well organized, and keep the girls' attention nicely. Here are some photos:



Hannah went for the Denver Bronco Theme



Madelyn went for the Princess Theme. Surprise? I think not.



Asked for a fairy. Got a Butterfly. Meh.




Well, that was an experience. We rushed home where I made home-made pasta with cheese sauce.  The girls were starving and the baby was mad. I was juggling way too many things at once. I was rushing to get the pasta drained and I burnt my finger on the boiling water. I yelped and it scared Madelyn. She ran away crying. I had been after her to stay out of the way, because my kitchen is tiny, or someone can get hurt. Well, I got hurt. She blamed herself.  I went to find her and she was in her room praying. She was praying that her Mommy wasn't hurt too badly.  Brought tears to my eyes!

We both made it back to the kitchen to finish.  I didn't have any american cheese, so I used Colby Jack. Not recommended.  But, Madelyn told me it was way better than the 'other' kind because I made it with love.

Ready? Everybody together, now.... "Awwww"

Okay, well, after the younger two went down for a nap, Madelyn and I were talking about learning different languages. Of course, we need to learn Spanish, given our location.

"Mom? What is Mermaid in Spanish?"

"I don't know. Sirene is French for Mermaid."

"I dont' know any Spanish"

"Sure you do. You know uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, diez."

"Diez?" She was perplexed

"Yea, you know. Ten. Diez"

"As in Diez Eye?"

I had no idea what in the world she was talking about. She looked at me. Huge grin. She was about ready to pop. Ready to burst out into laughter at any given moment.

"Diez Eye? Diez Eye, huh? Humph Diez I?" I just didn't get it.

"Mom? I will speak slowly. N i n t e n d o Diez I"

"Nintendo DSi? Your video game player?"

"Yes!"

Oh good grief.

"No, you are right. You don't know any Spanish."

----------------------------

If you have any questions or comments you would like to share directly with me, please email thearmymommy@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!